LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set coordinate reference for template for pattern match

Solved!
Go to solution

In vision assistant, we have the option of manually setting the coordinate system (the origin and the angle) while creating a template. I could not find a similar option in lab view (Learn template vi doesn't have the option of setting coordinate system). Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,525 Views)
You can select the roi using mouse drag and with that selected roi you can extract the portion of image which you need to make as template. Then the extracted image can be learned to create a template with vision info
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,514 Views)

Hi..Thanks for the reply. I did use ROI to extract template. However I have no idea on how to set coordinate reference system to learn the template image. I can't find any such option in labview

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,504 Views)
You need co ordinates to set roi in original image where template will be verified for matching pattern or do you need co ordinates for creating template itself.
Hope you don't need co ordinates during template creation as extracted image will be converted as an template after learning using imaq functions
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,499 Views)

In your start menu, go to all programs -> National Instruments -> Vision -> Utilities.

The template editor is in that folder.  You should be able to create your template and then use it in LabVIEW similar to what you were experiencing with the Vision Assistant (I'm assuming you were using the standalone assistant?)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,461 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author neelesh314

Thanks for the reply. I found the template editor under vision utilities and it is exactly what I want. However I wanted to do that in labview itself (without having to leave it). That's why I wasn't using vision assistant. Nevertheless, I manually created the option of setting coordinate reference system in labview and the problem is now solved.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,454 Views)

The typical use case for templates requires the template to be built during edit time.  I'm not sure why it's not integrated into LabVIEW (even if just in the tools menu).  It sounds like you're set and you can move forward.

In case you were curious, you CAN modify your application to allow users to create a template during runtime.  Check out this KB: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8E19CA81874FFDD786256BE40066C151

With this, you can call applications using the command prompt.  It lets you create an application that will call the Template Editor using the command prompt so your user can modify the template.  It takes a bit more work and isn't quite as common as creating the template during edit time.  But, it's a tool you may want for another day.

Message 7 of 7
(3,389 Views)