cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Default value of string control in run time

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

when I am in editing mode, I can right click a string control and go under "Data Operations" and select "Make current value default".. I need to do this in run time mode but I cannot find a property that does the job.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

LoBa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,626 Views)

I would create a string constant with your default value and feed that into a value property node.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,612 Views)
Solution
Accepted by loba

Hi Loba,

My advice is to init the control items from your application with ini files. You got an API for name config file VI. Like that, you can change the default value between each application run.

This is explain Here.

Regards

Sabri JATLAOUI - Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 3 of 6
(3,608 Views)

In addition to the native LabVIEW ini VIs, you can install the OpenG toolkit which has a ton of improved add-on VIs. Part of this is the OpenG Variant Configuration File palette. There's even a VI included called Write Panel to INI (and Read Panel from INI) that makes it really easy to save your VI session between runs.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,585 Views)

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,581 Views)

This is how it's done for the whole panel:

ReadWrite FP.png

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 6 of 6
(3,573 Views)