From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Coefficients of Discrete Wavelet Transform VI

Regarding the Advanced Signal processing toolbox I have a query regarding the one of the examples that can be found in the Wavelet Analysis/Getting Started exaples folder. 

Get and Set single Level detail Coefficients.png

In this exaple a DWT is performed on a  Doppler signal using the Discrete wavelet Transform VI. Secondly the Get Coefficient of Discrete Wavelet Transform VI is used to display the coefficient at the selected level, Then, and this part confuses me, the WA Set Coefficients of Discrete Wavelet Transform is used here to set the coefficients at the selected level to 0?? and why is this block diagram using a Subtract function with both of its inputs tied to the selected DWT coeff output of the Get coefficients VI, instead of using an empty awrray?

My question is why are the coefficients at the selected level set to 0 before calculating the inverse discrete wavelet transform?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,925 Views)

Dear jquinno,

have you found any answer to your questions in the last year, please? I bumped into the same "model" questions lately, and I was wondering.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,677 Views)