LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Access Scope Scripting

Solved!
Go to solution

I find it odd that this isn't obvious so I must be doing something wrong.  Through LabVIEW Scripting and VI Server, how can I set a VI that is already in a library, to have an Access Scope of Private?  I open the library, and can traverse the tree to get my ProjectItem, but I don't see a way of setting its scope.  A quick search only finds ways of reading the access scope but I couldn't find a way of setting it.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,567 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hooovahh
Message 2 of 5
(3,563 Views)

Nope, thanks I knew I was just missing it.  As I mentioned I was trying to get the item in the tree and set its scope when I should have looked at the actual library methods.  It probably doesn't help that the function doesn't mention "Access Scope" either which might be why a search didn't turn up anything.

Message 3 of 5
(3,551 Views)

Hi!

I want to set and propagate the access scope of a folder which is a part of a class and contains property definition folders. When I do this I get an error 1055 which suggests that one inpout reference is invalid, but they are valid (I checked the with Not A Number/Path/Refnum? VI, and also with probes.)
Setting the access scope works if I call it on project items which are not part of any class. Did you ever met this problem? I didn't find anything on web.

Thanks,
Barnabás

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,776 Views)

This thread is pretty old, you might get more traction on this if you make a new one.

That said, have you seen this: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019L75SAE

Could be helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,753 Views)