LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session variable size limitation (LV Webservices)

Hi community,

I read couple dozen email addresses from an XML and trying to write them into a session variable. The email addresses are comma separated and have a total string length of about 1100 characters. When I try to write it into a session variable LabVIEW drops an error message (-67158).

It is very clearly related to the size of the string as if use lets say only 200 characters I dont receive the error message.

How can I get rid of this limitation?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,632 Views)

Are you flattening or unflattening your XML data? Have you been able to pinpoint the exact size you start to see the error?

Noah | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,582 Views)

As I said I am reading from an XML so I am unflattening. I have not pinpointed the allowed number of characters. I know it doesnt anything higher than 1k characters, but it works with 200... what is the threshold? I dont know.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,575 Views)

What is the overall application of this code? I may be able to offer some advice on more efficient ways of implementing your system to get you the desired results.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,560 Views)

I am writing a general purpose webpage where I need email notifications. I have the workaround ready (before I send out the emails I dont read the emails from a session, but using the userID stored in the session to read the email from the xml). But generally having this limitation is annoying and unnecessary as normally you easily can store 100kB in one session. (probably even more, but that was the max I have ever did)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,541 Views)

I was seeing a limit of 255 on my computer. We may be able to come up with a way to work around this limitation. Could you post your code for the VI?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,526 Views)

I am not gonna post my code as you have confirmed the limitation itself... my code wouldn't change anything. This is a stupid limitation, what should be reported as a CAR or how you call it at NI. Or a feature request... or whatever. I want to emphasise that this is not a justified limitation in ANY aspects.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,519 Views)