From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial ports

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Friends

Good Morning to all.I have a doubt in Serial ports.How to see what are all the communication ports are in active in the Computer while LabView will be Running.And then in which the serial communication was inserted will be see in LabView while be Running

Thanks & Regards

Jayavel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,306 Views)

Hey,

You can use "VISA Find Resource.vi" to get all the interfaces, then you have to extract the serial ones (ASRL:xx) and open a connection to them with the specified settings (boudrate, stop bits, ...). By checking the error you can determin the right port where your peer is connected.

Hope this helps,

Christian

Message 2 of 10
(3,304 Views)

Hello Christain

Thanks to send the reply.But this is not a solution for my Question .i say one example in an one computer they are number of serial ports .I need the how many number of serial ports are there in the computer it should be displayed in Array.

Thanks

Jayavel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,294 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jai2K12
Read my post again. "VISA Find Resource.vi"
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message Edited by Christian_M on 04-22-2009 02:12 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,291 Views)

jack001 wrote:

Hello Christain

Thanks to send the reply.But this is not a solution for my Question .i say one example in an one computer they are number of serial ports .I need the how many number of serial ports are there in the computer it should be displayed in Array.

Thanks

What do you want? Have you even bother to take a look in context help->deatiled help

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 5 of 10
(3,264 Views)

Hello Christain

Thanks My prblm was solved .Please post any example Vis in Visa other than labview examples

Jayavel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,231 Views)

jack001 wrote:

Please post any example Vis in Visa other than labview examples

What does this mean?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,226 Views)

For me it sounds like that all the LabVIEW examples for VISA are not enough for him. He wants more!

Just search at ni.com/devzone or ni.com or lava.org or google.com or ....

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,207 Views)
From his previous posts, he's always asking for more examples. I get the impression that he's not doing any real work with LabVIEW/TestStand, etc.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,201 Views)

jack001 wrote:

Hello Friends

Good Morning to all.I have a doubt in Serial ports.

Well he does have doubts about serial ports.  I have no doubts about them at all.  I see one on the back of my PC right now, so I know they exist.

Now I might have questions about them from time to time, but certainly no doubts.  Anyone who has doubts probably needs all the examples and hand-holding they can get.Smiley Very Happy

Maybe he's not a programmer but a "masher".  After you throw enough examples at him, he mashes them altogether in one block diagram, somehow wires things up in a way that doesn't cause a broken run arrow, and miraculously everything works.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 04-22-2009 03:35 PM
Message 10 of 10
(3,177 Views)