LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial communication with microcontroller ....plz help urgent

I am building a robotic arm and will be using labview for inverse kinematics calculation. I need to transfer those values to microcontroller attached to the arm.So what are pre requisets for serial communication between controller and arm. What daq drivers i have to install??? what are steps involved for the communication?????

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,672 Views)

there are several shipping examples that give the basics of interfacing with serial ports

serial_examples.PNG

visa pallette.png

one other thing to think about is when you deploy your executable code to your target system be sure to include the visa runtime engine in your installer or make sure it is installed on the target machine

- James

Using LV 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit
Message 2 of 5
(2,666 Views)

For serial communication, the only driver you need to install is VISA.  You then use VISA Read and VISA Write to read from and write to a serial port.  You specify which serial port by choosing the appropriate VISA resource as in input to the VISA functions.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,664 Views)

thanx a lot..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,659 Views)

This block serves to configure the serial port communication and data transmission generate this program download it even Arm cortex m3 microcontroller. The while statement monitors a change to the Up button, if this happens to generate random data and writing to the serial port at intervals of 100ms began, if we press the Down button stops this process, stop the program by pressing the Select button, more information https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-35104

2.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,379 Views)