LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Port working weird on Labview

I am pretty new with Labview and find that serial port control is real hard thing on Labview and I couldn't tell what is going wrong.

I keep getting weird output from the PC Serial Port (It works intermittently). And I couldn't see any problem running with hyperterminal.

Then after that i found that it works fine if I will just connect it to a USB to serial port converter.

PC OS: Windows 7 Enterprise 32bit

The problem did not end here. I then need to run the same software on another PC but a Windows 7 Profressional 64 bit. I am getting both PC serial port & USB to serial port converter into trouble. Both ports getting weird output this time and again both ports confirms to work on hyperterminal. .

I then reformat the PC to Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit; PC serial port still outputing weird output and USB to RS232 works intermittently. It is now having wrong input feed:

Example: input: "i am fine"; it turns out input feed as "i Am fine" or "a am fine" (I am monitoring RS23 activity on serial port monitor)

Does anything else i can do to solve the problem? I am looking all over the place and compiled the code with SSE2 disabled but it doesn't looks like do any help too.

Please help!!! Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,530 Views)

Try the read/write with attached program: Serial Port Test   

I'm pretty sure it will work and you will find an error in your vi's :manhappy:

sorry to hear you started reformatting, that's a bit drastic Robot Mad

Don't forget the NI VISA Runtime if you are trying executables on different pc's.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,525 Views)

It definately sounds like some programming errors. If you can share your code, I'm sure we can help you find your issues.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,501 Views)