From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Communication

Hi Alll....

i am having a DAQ 6024 E card.My application is to make a RS485 (Baud Rate of 9600 bps) signal using DAQ AO output channel.is it possible ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,337 Views)

The spec sheet lists a 10kHz update rate and 10V/µsec slew rate, so you should barely be able to do this, provided the current and voltage ranges are also appropriate.  You may need external buffering,  depending on your load.  You may also need an external timing source to get the data rate correct (E-series boards do not have infinitely variable timing).  Check the board specifications for details before proceeding.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,326 Views)

Why would you spend so much time doing the software when RS-485 converters are so cheap?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,316 Views)

its ok.....i would go for lesser baud rate.....but  here are some of my doubts...

1.if i have to write a string say "HELLO" the DAQ write accepts only numeric inputs..means voltage levels...so how can i convert the

string to corresponding voltage.

2.How to link the baud rate,parity,stop bits and all to DAQ write...

if some one has got any idea or any links that could be helpful...just post it....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,314 Views)

I have to concur with Dennis. Why are you going through all that effort? Is this a specific task? Is it a learning project?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,310 Views)

The easy way to convert the text i assume is using the bit patterna and a 0-Max voltage as indicator. If you wanna go somewhat more advanced you can combine 2-8 bits into one voltage if you can read with enough accuracy.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,295 Views)