LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Communication with Y 4600 Precision thermometer

Hi,

I am trying to communicate with Y 4600 precision thermometer using labview (basic serial read and write) I am having troubles reading or writing data in USB. When I tried to communicate Y 4600 with hyperterminal I was able to communicate properly. One thing we have to do with precison thermometer is when we read ">" initially we have to send "T" inorder to receive the temperature. I realize that I am missing something, can someone please tell me what am I missing.

Thank you

P.S: Attached the application note for Y4600 Precision Thermometer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,752 Views)

You must explicitly include the carriage return and line feed characters.  They are not automatically added as some terminal emulator programs do.

The manual also mentions a "space" character.  Make sure that is included.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,736 Views)

Thanks for the reply. The Application note mentioned "Each command must be followed by a carriage return/line feed (enter)" and T is te command I am interested in , so in the basic write and read VI I tried T and /T when I read "> " but no response. When I tried T in hyperterminal I was able to read the temperature values though. The space character followed by > is what we read initaially.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,728 Views)

The string control on Basic Serial Read and Write is set to normal display mode (I think). They changed that example in LV 2013. To send CRLF you must either concatenate the carriage return constant and the line feed constant to the command string or change the control Display Mode to '\' Codes Display. Then you can type \r\n after the command text to get the characters you need.

Lynnb

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,721 Views)

Thanks Once again. I am using Labview 2010, while I am using Advanced serial Write and Read and while I write T\r\n I was able to read the tempurature values in labview, but when I try to redo it again I am having hard time to bring the rsults. What should I do to get the output everytime.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,709 Views)
Hi srajasek,
Please upload your code and screenshot of what you are getting that might be helpful.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,695 Views)