cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence output using arrays

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

How can I use an array to provide a binary input for a motor input sequence?  I attempted to do this but the numbers I put into the array are not the same as the ones coming out.  Below is an example of what I tried.  After probing the output, they both each output 16.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,491 Views)

Did you try to link to an image on your computer?  All we see is a small box with a ?

To insert images  use the little "tree" button just above the box where you type your message. Better is to attach your VI with typical data saved as default. Look for "Attachments" below the text box and click on the Choose File button.

Lynn

Message 2 of 15
(3,487 Views)

This is what I tried to show earlier.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,466 Views)

I don't understand what you are actually trying to do.

But your image shows arrays starting at element 8 with 8 elements showing.  That means there are at least 16 elements in your array.  You are checking the array size on each of those.  So the "output of 16" makes sense.  Those arrays have 16 elements.

So what do you mean by "binary input"?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,462 Views)

On each switch I am trying to input the "on and off" sequence of a stepper motor for full step, half-step, clock-wise, counter-clock-wise, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,458 Views)

What "switch" are you talking about?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,454 Views)

Each on of the arrays represents a switch or wire for a (4) wire stepper motor.  In order for the motor to turn in the desired direction and speed the correct input sequence must be inputted to the motor.  Which is what I am trying to do.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,448 Views)

You've barely shown any code.  Where is your code where you send signals to the motor?  Where is your loop?

Attach your entire VI instead of just a piece of a screenshot.  Why are you using Array Size in the piece of screenshot you did show?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,441 Views)

This is the code I am working with.  I am obviously not perficient in using arrays, which is why I am seeking advice.  Any of which will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,436 Views)

No, that's not "code". That's an image embedded in a word document. We cannot see what's outside the visible area, we cannot see what's in the other cases (In some cases, the output are apparently not wired), and we cannot see what these subVIs are.

All you seem to retain are the sizes of the arrays for further processing. That seems pretty useless.

Why don't you attach an actual VI?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,432 Views)