From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separating multiline strings

Hey Folks,

I am trying to separate a multiline string into a array to strings where each element is the one line of the original string. I have included the vi. Please let me know what's wrong with it.

Message Edited by ananda on 07-01-2005 05:31 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,816 Views)

Set your delimiter string to '\'-codes Display (right-click ...), then enter "\n". (or set to hex display and enter 0A)

You currently have your delimiter set to the two character string "\n" (normal display or 5C6E in hex), which never occurs in your input.

Message Edited by altenbach on 07-01-2005 05:17 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,803 Views)
I have tried all that. Could you please modify the program and post it here? I would really appreciate that.

Thanks a lot.

Ananda

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,797 Views)

Here you go!

Remember that a linefeed character is invisible in normal display. After you set the diagram constant containing \n to '\'-codes display, it will contain "\\n", to escape the special meaning. You need to delete one of the "\".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,794 Views)

Wow! it works!! So I was stupid. Thanks a lot.. Indeed, you are a proven LabView veteran.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,788 Views)