From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensirion sht7x labview

It's set through the Clock and Data_Lines controls. I have the clock line on Dev1/port1/line0:1 and the data on Dev1/port0/line0:7 for talking with 8 devices...  Just match up the data_lines you are reading with where your sensors are connected to your board.

Hope this helps.

cheers,

moose

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 85
(2,291 Views)

Hello,

I used the SHTxx_driver-new.llb posted by mariolutz to set up the SHT15 sensor I have. When i tried with USB 6009 it works but I'm trying to program on USB 6211 can someone help to modify the set up and the labview code as 6211 has 4 input - only channels and 4 output only channels. Any kind of help would help!

Thanks in advance!

LV gal

0 Kudos
Message 72 of 85
(2,249 Views)

Hi LV gal,

Look at andrewsc 's post up above... that should work for your setup since it uses separate input and output lines.

cheers,

moose

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 85
(2,244 Views)

Thanks mooseo. I did try that but the program just gave me absurd values. But i will try again. Does the clock need to be on teh input only or output only port ? I know thats a silly question , at this point im just totally lost.

LVgal

0 Kudos
Message 74 of 85
(2,239 Views)

Never mind.  I figured the connections out lol.Though it still doesnt read out correct values.

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 85
(2,233 Views)

Hi Moose,

After reading through all the contributions to this thread, your scenario appears closest to what I am aiming for:

i.e. T/RH data (accurate to the spec. sheet version 4.3 May 2010) acquisition via the simultaneous operation of multiple (minimum 8, maximum 33) Sensirion SHT75’s by one (or more if necessary) NI DAQ boards (model not yet selected) and Labview 2011 (likely to be on a Windows XP PC).

My question is:

What was your maximum number of SHT75’s operating/datalogging accurately from just one National Instruments DAQ board (please specify model), with a driver (which is available online) that allows simultaneous operation of that number of sensors?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 76 of 85
(2,092 Views)

Hi SnowyEleven,

I was able to run 17 sensors off of 2 USB 6009 cards. I haven't used the code in a little while, but IIRC, I had 8 on one and 9 on the other. My cable lengths were something like 3-4 m.

If I were looking to maximize sensor numbers, I'd look at the USB 6501, which has 24 DIO lines... theoretically, that could give you 23 probes, although I'd probably consider using 2 sync lines and running 11 off each.

I haven't updated the code to LV2011... I think it last worked under 2009, and I don't know if anything has changed that would break it.

There isn't a "driver" per se available. NI distributes a driver for the card, of course, but beyond that, it requires vi's. The ones I have posted here will work to talk to the sensors and can be easily modified by (using my own experience as a guide) a mediocre labview programmer to log the data to a file.

good luck.

moose

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 85
(2,092 Views)

Hi!

4 years later, but it helped me a lot!

Just wanted to say thx!!!!

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 78 of 85
(1,837 Views)

Old post, I know...but I recently found an EK-H3 evaluation kit lying around. Anyone got some LV ideas/driver for thatone? STH7X sensors installed.

Apparently there is a framework avaliable somewhere for the EK-H4 (havent found it). Maybe that's an option to build on. It's displayed here: http://ebookbrowsee.net/gdoc.php?id=349924940&url=56f5a14d1eaa0310439c5d2a6988d8c3

-Anders

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 85
(1,729 Views)

I also found the software lying around, and opened the EXE in LV. It seems to be written in LV 7.1. And my "fisrst" revision is 8.6. Still not easy to reverse it together, but it may give some hints atleast.

LV.png

No help from the original developer 😕

All I want is to write a simple logging program that outputs data to one file per day. (the original software makes one continous file).

Guess the second option is to write some code that copys the first logfile and splits it into one file per day and manuallt reset the program every month or so. Not a prestty solution...

0 Kudos
Message 80 of 85
(1,686 Views)