LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensirion sht7x labview

Thanks Mooseo

I have bought the Evaluation Kit from Sensirion (USB connection and driver for the sensor). But it'll take too long time to get it, so I have to start working now.

Ain't there any models for Serial Port control, the way you described it?

0 Kudos
Message 61 of 85
(2,441 Views)

But why use some sort of serial port module when you can use a USB device?

0 Kudos
Message 62 of 85
(2,425 Views)

I've been using SHTxx sensors for a while and everything works nicely with 6009 and via serial communication.

Have anyone made this work with a cRIO using a DIO module?

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 85
(2,394 Views)

I was able to interface with the Sensirion sht75 with the following code and connections. The connection is as follows:

SHTxx                                DAQ
______                              _________________
GND   |-------------------------|   GND                          |
5V       |---+--------------------|  +5V                            |
SCK    |---|---------------------| CLK digital port 0      |
DATA |---|----------+---->|---| read digital port 1      |

|    |             |----------| write digital port 2      |
_____|     |             |            |_________________|
                +--###--+

Resistor

I had the three digital lines for CLK, read, and write on port0.0, port0.1, and port0.2, respectively. I connected a 10K pull up resistor between 5V and DATA. I directly connected the write output from the DAQ to the DATA. And I connected the read input to the DAQ to the DATA via a diode with the positive end connected to DATA.

Hope this helps somebody,

-Crad

Message 64 of 85
(2,331 Views)

Hi everyone

I receive recently a free sample of the new temperature humidity sht21 sensirion sensor. I try to use the shtxxx driver, aparetly it works with ni6008, but the output values are wrong.

It seems the error becomes from the s_connectionreset.vi in the task in it gives an output of ERR (-200.....).

Can anyone help me to define the task in? I only change the physical address ports but the tasks I don't know.

Best regards from Portugal

CPalha

0 Kudos
Message 65 of 85
(2,299 Views)

Hi Cpala,

I don't think that the drivers work with the 6008... they require the Tri-state property to use the same pin as input and output, but the 6008 doesn't support that.

It wouldn't be too tough to change them to use a different pin for input and output. If you go back to Marios earliest versions, I seem to recal that he used separate pins.

Good luck.

mike

0 Kudos
Message 66 of 85
(2,290 Views)

Hi

We spent a great deal of time also making this sensor work on a cRIO with a 9401 DIO module, but never got it to work. If anyone has had succes with this let me know.

soeren

0 Kudos
Message 67 of 85
(2,280 Views)

Hi mooseo

Thanks for the reply.

I confirm that I had used the Mario diagram, but in the lbb file it has many VI's. One of them, I think the only one that gives an output error  (s_connectionreset.vi) because the "Task in" is empty in the front panel. I need to know what information I need to put there.

Regards from Pt

CPalha

0 Kudos
Message 68 of 85
(2,275 Views)

Hi everyone

I discovery the error about task in.

Was a bad solder in the sht21, very small and far conditions to solder. I use the SHT11 and it works good.

After compare with a good equipement to measure temp and hum, I can say to the forum that sensor has good accurancy.

regards from pt, brg

CPalha

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 85
(2,259 Views)

Hello Mooseo,

I am trying to make your multiple sensor SHTxx code work, but I am unable to see the modification that enables it to read multiple sensors. You talked about a common SCK line and then indivudual data i/o line. Where do I select the data i/o lines for my additional sensors? Right now I am trying to get two sensors to work, but eventually I will need to read temp and humidity from 8 sensors.

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 70 of 85
(2,052 Views)