From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending email through Outlook web interface

Our lab network is separate from our corporate network.

So to send and receive email we use Outlook's web interface through a browser.

Does anyone have any tips or sample code for sending email with LabView through a web interface?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,348 Views)

Are you sure you're talking about Outlook, or are you actually referring to Exchange Server? Outlook Web Access uses Exchange Server as the ... server.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,341 Views)

@smercurio_fc wrote:

Are you sure you're talking about Outlook, or are you actually referring to Exchange Server? Outlook Web Access uses Exchange Server as the ... server.

Yeah, an Exchange server.

This is the page in question http://mail.alpha.com

I see the login link leads to https://mail.alpha.com/exchange

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,335 Views)

In that case what you're asking for is how to "talk to a web site" via LabVIEW. This has been brought up numerous times. You can create your own GET and POST commands and use the Internet Explorer ActiveX Control to send them. You'd have to know the syntax of the GET and POST commands as the server expects them. Here is an example on how to send a POST command to a server: http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12454. Other posts have asked about being able to "click buttons" or call Javascript. Please do a search and see how far you get.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,324 Views)

I have to ask - are you really running two separate networks?  If you actually have two isolated networks, you wouldn't be able to access your mail server through the web interface.  If your networks aren't actually isolated, it might be easier to use LabVIEW's SMTP VI's (part of the Internet Toolkit, I think).  You might need to get help or permission from your network adminstrator but if you're only sending to internal addresses (no relaying necessary) it should be easy to do.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,314 Views)

@nathand wrote:

I have to ask - are you really running two separate networks?  If you actually have two isolated networks, you wouldn't be able to access your mail server through the web interface.  If your networks aren't actually isolated, it might be easier to use LabVIEW's SMTP VI's (part of the Internet Toolkit, I think).  You might need to get help or permission from your network adminstrator but if you're only sending to internal addresses (no relaying necessary) it should be easy to do.

Yes they are two completly isolated networks with two seperate internet connections.

To check or send email I have to startup a web browser go on the internet and login through the website just like if I was at home.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,310 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

Yes they are two completly isolated networks with two seperate internet connections.

To check or send email I have to startup a web browser go on the internet and login through the website just like if I was at home.

When you say "startup a web browser and login through the website" do you mean the Outlook webmail interface, or some other intermediate site that establishes a VPN-like connection?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,307 Views)

@nathand wrote:

@RTSLVU wrote:

When you say "startup a web browser and login through the website" do you mean the Outlook webmail interface, or some other intermediate site that establishes a VPN-like connection?

I start Firefox or Internet Explorer and go to http://mail.alpha.com

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,297 Views)