LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Custom Commands/Queries

Solved!
Go to solution

I understand what you are saying, I have used that trick for other things in for loops, but I don't see how that is possible if the number I want to change is inside of a string. I would show you what I  am talking about except this is my work computer and it doesn't have labview. I appreciate the help though. I will try a few things to see if they work, but if they don't I will post my problem in a few days with the trial and error vi that I made.

Thanks,

Matt 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(351 Views)

And in this case [term] depends on how you set up the instrument.  it has a setting to that you need to use the front panel to set.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(348 Views)

I am not trying to change and output of strings (to form an array), I am trying to increment a number inside of a command string that would would go into a VISA write buffer. That string would be "ZONE? 1,1[term]" and I only want the second 1 to change. I don't think that's what you were thinking of. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(347 Views)
Please read the help for Format Into String. Embedding a numeric conversion with the instrument command is trivial. The format string would be ZONE? % d.

Take the tutorials!
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(345 Views)

Or with \code dispaly on "ZONE?\s%d,\s%d\r\n"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(341 Views)