From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending 3 channels of real time data over Bluetooth link

Hi there.

I'm trying to send 3 separate channels of data collected in a Labview VI on an embedded PC over a Bluetooth link to a Windows tablet, also running LV. (In real time) I have done a test using the Simple Bluetooth vi supplied, using the random number generator and that works fine. Now I need to interleave the 3 separate data streams, send it and then de-interleave it at the other end. All the channels are single point double precision, collected at approx 60 Hz. I'm worried that one data point error will lead to the whole thing getting out of sync and losing the lot.

Do I need to make up packets, with a checksum etc. or are the build array and decimate array functions going to be reliable enough with, say 1000 points?

As it's real time data, I would like to be able to send a continuous stream, without breaks, so would I be better just sending 1 point from each channel in each "packet"?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,339 Views)

Either it's such a difficult problem that no-one knows the answer, which I doubt, or its a really boring topic. I'm surprised I haven't even had one reply!

Perhaps nobody likes me 😞

Cheers

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,308 Views)