LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email with CompactRio

Dear

I have a project to send an email with attachment on CompactRio. I can’t use SMTP VI in Labview because they don’t accept authentication. I have tried to make a program with .Net assemblies, but this does not work on the CompactRio. Then I tried OGIC SMTP VI on my computer. When I try to send an email, I have a TPC read error 56. I try to send a mail with gmail and use port 465. Is it possible to fix this problem? 

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,851 Views)

Hello Ysn,

It is indeed not possible to do authentication with the SMTP VI's.
What you could do is define rules in your gmail-account that define certain actions depending on certain mail-subjects and/or senders.

This could even be done depending on certain web services.

Of course this wouldn't be the cleanest solution, but it could be a possible work-around.

Error 56 seems to ring a firewall-bell in my head.

Can you check if the following Knowledge Base applies to your use case:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0D7B86F4B4D19A5E86256F9A006EECB1

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,796 Views)

Hello

Thanks for your reply ThiCop. I checked out the Knowledge Base, but the error is not gone. Then I disabled my firewall and tried again, but without success.

Did you mean filter rules in gmail? I can't build a connecting with the gmail server. That means that I can't use any parts of gmail. I misunderstood your answer?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,770 Views)

Hello Ysn,

Which kind of firewall do you use?

Have you added any kinds of exceptions for that specific port?

Well, what you can do is send a simple mail (without authentication) towards your gmail address.
In the gmail account that is related to the address, you can then specify mail rules. (so not from inside the cRIO, but from inside the gmail account itself.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,732 Views)

Hello

I use the standard firewall in Windows. I think that my ISP blocks some ports. I called them and they will contact me later.

Send a mail towards my gmail address, that is a good idea. It is maybe hard to find a mail service that support sending a mail without authentication, but I will try your suggestion.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,714 Views)