LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email on labview using the Gmail Server (TLS)

tca-adam,

I would appreciate if you can attach the VI(Please remove your user credentials,but keep common settings as default.).

When I tried with the same VI(address-smtp.gmail.com,Port :465),I got the following error while opening the connection.

"TCP Read in OGIC_SMTP_InitializeServer.vi->OGIC_SMTP - Send Email.vi" with error code 56.

I used the same settings in my outlook and it works fine.

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 114
(7,508 Views)

Here is my latest version of the VI.

I have added the ability to attach a screenshot as well as multiple attachments.

I still sometimes see a problem with the attachments not being released if I try to write to a data file that I have just emailed as an attachment.

Happy for anyone with more LV knowledge than me to do some tidying up additions etc.

Make sure you try it on a PC that has minimal security such as firewalls etc or turn them all off until you confirm this works then put your security back in place one application at a time and check for problems. Also try a plain text message first before trying attachments and screenshots.

I can't get it to run on a locked down work PC here, but it works fine on our standalone laptop via our Bigpond account. and wireless router.

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 114
(7,479 Views)

Tca-adam,

Thanks for posting the VI .Unfortunately it dn't serve the pupose.

I am trying to use the application in Windows Mobile(with GPRS connectivity to transmit GPS location to an e-mail processing server...) and most of the nodes you used in your application is

not supported by the target. I was trying to use the SMTP OpenG libraries which Mercurio provided.

Please let me know if u had any success with that.

Thannks,

Manu

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 114
(7,475 Views)

smercurio,

Attaching the OGIC_SMTP vi's to work with PDA version of Windows Mobile.

Limitations include -No file attach ,SSL and GPRS.

Hopefully the next version will be enhanced with GPRS atleast.

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 114
(7,465 Views)
I am not the "keeper" of that library. I don't know if it's still being "kept". You may wish to follow up at the OpenG site. Kevin Valentine was the project lead developer, but I don't know if he's active with the project anymore.
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 114
(7,461 Views)

Hi, I`m trying to use the VI to send email in Labview 7.1, but when I wire the constructor node (NetworkCredential) to the input of the property node SmtpClient (Credentials) it indicates a wire conflict. Why is this happening, is there a problem in the System.dll? Should I update it? I browse it from C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

When I run the gmail.vi to Labview 8.5 it works, but when I try to browse the same .dll it says that the .NET runtime engine has autommaticaly updated it.

How could I make this vi work in Labview 7.1?

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 114
(7,371 Views)
LabVIEW 7.1 does not officially support .NET 2.0. In order to properly use .NET 2.0 you need 7.1.1f2.
Message 57 of 114
(7,356 Views)

Hello, I am trying to use ii from a CRIO but I haven't success. Could anz one please help me?

Thanks in advance.

BoF
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 114
(6,731 Views)

Hi fboteroh,

The Gmail.vi will not work on a CRIO because .net does not support Real-Time.

Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 114
(6,680 Views)

That´s a pitty 😞

Tks!

BoF
0 Kudos
Message 60 of 114
(6,657 Views)