LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email on labview using the Gmail Server (TLS)

Good point Smercurio.  Also, make sure your gmail account you are pointing to is valid.

Edit:  I need to mention that your VI worked as submitted without any of my modifications.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 101 of 114
(4,423 Views)

I don’t use any non English characters in password, and I don’t  copy and paste addresses. Sender and recipient accounts are hosted on gmail  and I’m sure that both are valid.  I’ve tried everything and it’s still doesn’t work.  I will try to run this Vi on another PC, with another version of Labview. Thank you for your help. If something else come to your mind, please post it here. 

0 Kudos
Message 102 of 114
(4,449 Views)

Hello,

Solution of my problem with invaild characters is simply - name of your PC can't include any non english characters. I changed it and now it's working properly.

Happy new year everybody!

0 Kudos
Message 103 of 114
(4,429 Views)

I am trying to send email using a VI. I followed the steps in the following link,

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/send_email_from_vi/

but it shows error #54.

I am using Windows XP SP3 and Labview 10.0

SMTP server : smtp.gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 104 of 114
(4,329 Views)

Please do a search. Your question has been asked and answered dozens of times. You cannot use the built-in SMTP VIs for servers like gmail, which require authentication. This very thread points to several solutions. Have you read it?

0 Kudos
Message 105 of 114
(4,319 Views)

Hello,  I am trying to run the gmail.vi Eriquito posted but am getting an error.  I have attached the error message.  I can ping smtp.gmail.com with no problem but when I run the code, the last part of the code displays the attached error.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 106 of 114
(3,735 Views)

If anyone can suggest what I can do to correct this error that would be awesome!  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 107 of 114
(3,724 Views)

Okay, I figured out what the problem was.  My McAfee virus scan was blocking something and causing the error.  When I turned off McAfee, everything worked fine.  Hope this helps others!

0 Kudos
Message 108 of 114
(3,711 Views)

Is there a way to use Gmail VI behind a proxy with authentication?

0 Kudos
Message 109 of 114
(3,585 Views)

Hello,

I am working on a Building Management System project and I need to transmit alarm situations via e-mail.

I tried the example "Send Email Using SMTP Client.vi" with the parameters in the attached file (default values). The account is correct and verifiable (I left visible password). All VI's default values controls are those who have tried. VI working without generating the errors, but do not get at the yahoo address nothing.

Can anyone send me an email using this VI from Gmail?

I tried Yahoo also:

smtp.mail.yahoo.com:587 with TLS=true

Error 363514: "LabVIEW:  An error occurred while receiving data from the network." 

and GMX:

mail.gmx.com:587 with TLS=true

Error 363504: "LabVIEW:  Invalid username or password combination".

The e-mail accounts work well.

All tests are done with LV2014.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 110 of 114
(2,179 Views)