LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send a notification or message to facebook

Hello. I'm a student of Electronic Engineer, i want to do a smart house project and the center of the processing will be labview. My problem is the next one: I want to send the alarm notification to a facebook account, i mean, i can send an email to an email address, but i want to send a notification or message to facebook. Is that possible? Any idea? thanks a lot for your help, i'll wait for an answer.. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,090 Views)

I would say that it would be difficult, it would involve some working around with Facebooks API and their messaging servers. From a quick search around I found this page about working with facebook chat client.

That would indicate that facebook chat runs of an XMPP based message server, and from within the forums found this thread that looks promising about the use of XMPP in laview, between the two of them you should be able to find a good place to start.

Happy hunting.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,084 Views)

You can send mail to them. It will appear to them in message.

Suppose user name is abcd.123

then you can send mail to abcd.123@facebook.com. You just need to work on sending emails from labview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,069 Views)

Thanks for your quick answer... i'll try your words... facebook doesn't received emails anymore i think, because that didn'n work

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,050 Views)

First ensure you can send mail to gmail and other.  Once done using 123.456@facebook.com. If no error then you will definately receive the mail

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,037 Views)

I think messages sent to facebook via the <username>@facebook.com go into a different inbox. Look in the messages tab for something like 'other messages' and you should find it in there.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,028 Views)

You can do this with twitter. http://vipm.jki.net/#!/package/i3_twitter The code is unlocked, so you might be able to adapt the OAuth for Facebook's API.

I build web apps for LabVIEW
http://chrislarson.me
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,992 Views)

@Sam_Sharp wrote:

I think messages sent to facebook via the <username>@facebook.com go into a different inbox. Look in the messages tab for something like 'other messages' and you should find it in there.

In my case my gmail account is added to FB profile.. I received there. Please check

--Ranjeet
Message 8 of 9
(2,961 Views)

After few second I got mail from FB in my gmail

Just a reminder, any emails sent to your Facebook email address (12345@facebook.com) will now be forwarded to this email address (abc@gmail.com). You won't be able to view these emails on Facebook anymore.

Thanks

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,945 Views)