LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send a Trigger Signal to a Camera

Hi,

I am trying to send a trigger signal to the PFI0 channel on my cDAQ-9178 when I press a button. I watched this video that shows how to use "DAQmx Export Signal" to send the trigger signal but it requires a task in/out.

I want to use Boolean button to start the trigger so I was wondering if anyone knows how I can achieve that.

Best

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,379 Views)

Have you tried to create the Task you need in MAX, or in LabVIEW's Project Explorer?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,364 Views)

This is a small part of a much bigger program that has been written in LabVIEW so I don't know how I can use anything other LabVIEW to create the task that I need

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,354 Views)

Does anyone know if what I want to do is even possible?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,306 Views)

You may find this article on routing signals on your device helpful:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E539D226A643C1CE8625715E007C23C8?OpenDocument

This should walk you through the process

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3A7F1402B2A1CE7686256E93007E66C0

What version of LabVIEW and DAQmx are you using?

Chase
NI Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,300 Views)

I am working on much the same concept - trying to export a start trigger to a Vicon camera system when I push a 'record' button in LabView.

I'm monitoring analog data coming in from a NI-9205 to set my sample clock and exporting the start trigger to the Vicon via the PFI1 line on a cDAQ-9178 chassis. The Vicon system has a remote start RCA analog input so I'm using a bnc to rca adaptor.

I feel like this should be really straightforward so I'm not sure what I'm doing improperly. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,074 Views)

Search for "Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx ..." and read the article.  It will explain Tasks and how to use the basic DAQmx functions.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,063 Views)