From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send WAV file through bluetooth

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to LabView so please excuse the naive question. I am trying to send audio WAV files through the bluetooth 'write' vi to a bluetooth speaker. Obviously, the bluetooth 'write' vi can only send strings to the bluetooth device.  I have no trouble connecting to bluetooth devices but sending WAV data to the bluetooth device is the issue. If someone could clarify how I can go about doing this, it would really be appreciated!

I am planning to just buy a simple bluetooth speaker which outputs the WAV file i send to it via LabView.

Regards,

Arnav

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,209 Views)

There is the 'Flatten to string' vi but I doubt that would do the job.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,195 Views)

Hi vanra,

does your BT speaker really accept simple WAVE files? Really? Do you have a manual for that speaker, describing the software interface?

the bluetooth 'write' vi can only send strings

A string is just a 1D array of U8 (aka "bytes") and there are functions to convert between array of U8 and string. Once your data is available as an array of U8 you can easily transfer it using this function!

FlattenToString is a similar tool, but it may contain additional data as is described in the LabVIEW help…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 4
(4,187 Views)

That makes so much sense. Thank you GerdW!

Learning a little more about programming everyday.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,165 Views)