LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send IR signal

Hi I am trying to build a remote control for a device using Labview. I have NI USB 6008 with me. I googled for a sample code with no luck. Is there any IR library for labview like arduino has?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(3,748 Views)
What is the ir device you are trying to control? There should be instructions in the manual on how it is controlled.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(3,728 Views)

Sorry. I should have mentioned it is a fan. What i am not clear about is how we send out IR codes in labview.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(3,725 Views)
You aren't making any sense. You have to have an ir transmitter. That is the device I was asking about. It's irrelevant what the receiver is.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(3,710 Views)
An IR transmitter is just an LED that emits in the infrared range, and you would drive it as you would any LED. The trick is knowing the codes you have to send. To find that out you will.need to build a receiver that will allow you to measure the IR flashes coming from the real remote.

How can you know that your IR transmitter is lighting up? There your cell phone will save the day. The CCD detector in most cell phone cameras offer significant sensitivity into the otherwise invisible infrared range. Look at a TV remote with your phone's camera and you can see it light up.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 5 of 26
(3,692 Views)
I am sorry. Yea i need a transmitter. I haven't patched up a transmitter circuit yet. Does it really matter what circuit i will be using? I was trying to think of a way to start my programming. Sorry if i am totally wrong. Im no expert in labview. Please advise
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(3,691 Views)
Hi mikeporter.
Yes i did some online research and found something in which arduino is used to decode IR signal. Is this possible to be done in labview?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(3,681 Views)
Lets assume i have the codes i need to send. How can i send it? Anyone has any sample code?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(3,679 Views)
It does matter what transmitter you use. You can have a simple led or an off-the-shelf ic. The last one I used was an ic from Radio Shack. With the 6008, you have to use software timed output. For driving an led, that just means a write high, a delay, a write low, and another delay.
Message 9 of 26
(3,671 Views)

As mentioned above you need to know the protocol of the transmitter, and the most important thing! After the identification protocol you just flashing LED in accordance with the requirement.
If you enjoyed the Arduino, there are many examples recognizers protocols.
After that, you simply send an array of zeros and ones at intervals on the LED.

1 01 000 110   pause 00011 0011 111 pause 0 

some like this, only flash ))) thats all

Message 10 of 26
(3,667 Views)