LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send IR signal

Can we assume that all IR LED signals are 38 KHz modulated? Since all the IR signals use 38KHz modulation?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(965 Views)

I have no idea.  I know about LabVIEW and DAQ.  You are the person who knows about IR signals.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(961 Views)

to give binary code as LED input, is it possible to create an array with the binary code as its elements and wire it to the data terminal of digital write.vi express vi? I could not figure out any other solution yet. It would be very helpful if someone can create a simple program to achieve this and kindly upload it here?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(960 Views)

I understand. Lets say 10011001 is the binary code i need to send. Please tell me how to give it as the input of an LED. A simple drawn diagram or a quick vi will be really helpfull.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(958 Views)

Help >> Examples >>  Digital - Continuous Ouput.vi

Message 25 of 26
(945 Views)

Another relatively new LabVIEW user recently on these forums was using an SDK from a company called RedRat.  You might look into their hardware and software offerings.

Not saying you shouldn't use LabVIEW - in fact a fairly advanced LabVIEW developer could write LV code to wrap their extensive SDK.  But they may have all that you need to get going if you're just trying to develop a platform to send arbitrary IR codes to your fan control logic.

To develop LabVIEW code from scratch, driving NI general-purpose hardware-timed digital output hardware (you need to create pulse trains with 38 KHz rep rates), is not a trivial task for a neophyte.

Best of luck!

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(928 Views)