Message 11 of 19
(1,155 Views)

Okay here is the entire project saved for LabVIEW 8.2.1

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 12 of 19
(1,153 Views)
If the instrument works with Tera Term, you know telnet connections to the device work, and you already know how to do it. Is there any reason why you aren't using the telnet VI to implement what you already know how to do? It seems to me that this would be a much more direct route to your goal.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,126 Views)

Good morning, yes I have it working with TT but I am wanting more visual I am not wanting the temeperature of chamber because software for chamber already gives me that using profile, I have a device that is in chamber testing over a period of 1hr and 30 min at different temperatures, driving it to 0c then to 65c for sheltered and -40c to +65c while doing that TT is sending a STAT command evry 2 minutes and sending back 4 data results. The problem I am having is part of testing the syastem shutts off for a period of 15 minutes so we are having to start TT manually that is why I wanted to automate using LV.

Thanks for your support!

Rulee
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,116 Views)

Exactly, the point is that you can use LV to communicate with the device using telnet the same as you are doing with TT. Since you already are familiar with using telnet (through TT) you can leverage that knowledge with LV by using the telnet client VIs.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,110 Views)

This might be silly but where is the telnet VI located? 

Rulee
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,104 Views)

@rvillarr wrote:

This might be silly but where is the telnet VI located? 

If you are runing LabView 8.2.1 then you do not have the Telnet Vi's.

That was part of the Internet Toolkit add-on.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/190F584418A60C0B8625745D00803410

It was not a free add-on back then but since the Internet Toolkit had been rolled into the Lab VIew package since 2011(?) the old one might be free now, but I don't know for sure.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,095 Views)

Yes it is free, but you will have to download the ITK for LV2012. For LV2013 and later the telnet VIs were removed from the toolkit.

In any case, http://www.ni.com/download/labview-internet-toolkit-2012/3122/en/ is a good link for downloading the 2012 toolkit. I downloaded them and then opened the telnet example in LV2013. I had to manually search for some VIs, but everything seems to be there.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

Message 18 of 19
(1,079 Views)

Hi, RTSLVU.

I also need to communicate with a scale via Ethernet and ASCII strings. I will download and study your Thermotron VI. I just wanted to ask you a question: I don't have the physical scale with me. Do you know how I can simulate it, either using a separate computer running some communication program (Putty? Hyperterminal (which is no longer available for Windows 10)?) or within the same computer running labVIEW?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(610 Views)