LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective transparency in 3D picture control.

I'm having an issue with 3D picture control. I have a sphere that is set as transparent and seems to work fine, however I have two different objects that pass through the sphere, both are imported .stl models, the only difference I can see is that one has a texture applied and the other is solid colour. When they pass through the sphere one of them appears as it should but the second in invisible inside the sphere. I've attached images of what I mean. I think the properties are set the same on each object. Anyone any suggestions of what might be causing the issue, I'd attach my code but it's spread over several VIs and sub VIs.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,323 Views)

Have syou checked the "Specials:Blending Bin" and made sure it's set to "Transparent"? Otherwise the objects won't render transparently.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,307 Views)

Hi Shane, I've got Specials:Blending Bin set to Transparent on all three objects, should that be the case or just the sphere?

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,301 Views)

All I think.

You can parse through ALL the objects in the hierarchy (Get Object) and see if ALL children have this set.  Maybe something somewhere doesn't.....

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,292 Views)