LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting waveform subset with cursors

I am trying to apply posted solution to extract a portion of waveform displayed on a waveform graph.

The segment extracted seems to have no relation to the portion of the graph between the cursors.

I am using my sampling rate as an x scale multiplier (= 1/dt).

Screenshot1: is the original waveform with cursors.

Waveform segment: is a shot of vi section in question

There ir no shot of the resultant autput since that display is usually blank.

Kuchean

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,266 Views)
You might find it easier to use the Cursor.Index property. Then you can just use min index value and max-min as nputs to the Array Subset.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,244 Views)

Hi kuchean,

You can use the cursor.index property which will give the index of the point at which the cursor is located..I have used this property and you can check in the attachment..

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

Message 3 of 6
(3,228 Views)

I tried the cursor index properties and essentially got nothing!, probes placed on the indexes read zero at every cursor position. So I went back to the x and y cursor positions and anyway I needed to be able to read out the cursor deltas

for both axis. I tried a different approach: the get waveform subset .vi again wiring just to the cursor x positions to save time for a test. The results weren't better but I have screen captures of both the source waveform (screenshot2) and the displayed subset (screenshot3). Waveform subset is a shot of the section of code.

Kuchean

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,202 Views)

The example works for me only if the cursor is set to single plot.  Free cursor does not work, gives zero index.  That may fix your problem.

Buddy

Message 5 of 6
(2,953 Views)

Free cursor does not work, gives zero index!

Set the cursor to single plot
(e.g. in the graphs right-click property menu in the cursors tab)

That should be findable a lot easier and made more prominent, at least somewhere.

some more tags for all the searching folks:

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,466 Views)