From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting control item with right mouse click and then shortcut menu is shown

Hello:

In the Labview project explorer, click left mouse select one item. When I click right mouse, one item is also selected and shortcut menu is shown. I create a tree control in my VI. when I click right mouse, a shortcut menu was shown, but the item the mouse click was not selected. How realize the function?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,674 Views)

Good Afternoon Tsotm,

In order to allow me to help you, I would like to clarify what you are asking. As I understand it, you want code which, when you right click an element in a tree menu, will highlight that element and open a menu.

If that is correct, then is it a custom menu which you wish to open? 

Regards,

Al C
National Instruments,
Application Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,652 Views)

Hello,Alastair C

It’s correct.  The custom menu is the tree control shortcut menu which I created.

Advance -- > Run time shortcut menu -- > Edit

Thanks you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,642 Views)

Its called a custom Runtime Menu for a reason.  It only works at runtime (not in edit mode)  doe you have an runtime menu activation event in the vi that contains the control to handle the menu actvation event?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,640 Views)

I create a Tree: shortcut menu selected in the event structure. When I right click an element in a tree, it shows the shortcut menu. But I also want to highlight the item which right clicks selected.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,622 Views)