LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting channels of DAQ assistant using a Dialog Box

Hi there!

I really hope that anyone can help with my problem..

I am using a DAQ assistant VI from NI-DAQ 7 software for my programme. Is there any way of using a Dialog Box to prompt the user to select a particular channel from the DAQ assistant vi? Or if not, are there other ways to prompt the user to select a particular channel without configuring the DAQ assistant?

I really appreciate any help! THanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,013 Views)
Hi SG,

There is no way to accomplish this using the DAQ Assistant, since the channels are hard-coded in.  However, the more advanced DAQmx API VIs do give you enough flexibility to accomplish what you want (located in the Functions Pallette under Measurement I/O >> NI-DAQmx).  The DAQmx Create Channel VI takes in channel strings as an input, which allows you to use the Prompt User for Input Express VI.  See the attached VI for a quick example.

If you want a "fancier" popup for the user, you could get creative and design a subVI to act as a popup.  This way you could create lists to choose from, buttons, etc. to suit your needs. 

Thanks,

Justin M.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,997 Views)
Also, here's a 7.1 version of the above program for anyone who hasn't upgraded to 8.0 yet...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,996 Views)