From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting channels of DAQ assistant using a Dialog Box

Hi there!

I really hope that anyone can help with my problem..

I am using a DAQ assistant VI from NI-DAQ 7 software for my programme. Is there any way of using a Dialog Box to prompt the user to select a particular channel from the DAQ assistant vi? Or if not, are there other ways to prompt the user to select a particular channel without configuring the DAQ assistant?

I really appreciate any help! THanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,011 Views)
Hi SG,

There is no way to accomplish this using the DAQ Assistant, since the channels are hard-coded in.  However, the more advanced DAQmx API VIs do give you enough flexibility to accomplish what you want (located in the Functions Pallette under Measurement I/O >> NI-DAQmx).  The DAQmx Create Channel VI takes in channel strings as an input, which allows you to use the Prompt User for Input Express VI.  See the attached VI for a quick example.

If you want a "fancier" popup for the user, you could get creative and design a subVI to act as a popup.  This way you could create lists to choose from, buttons, etc. to suit your needs. 

Thanks,

Justin M.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,995 Views)
Also, here's a 7.1 version of the above program for anyone who hasn't upgraded to 8.0 yet...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,994 Views)