LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select few channels from large ATFX files with DIAdem

Hello,

is there a way to browse data of large ATFX data (> 5 GB). From my point of view it is not necessary to load all the data into the main memory. Most times only few channels are of interest. But when I try to select large ATFX data with DIAdem, it looks like that DIAdem tries to load all data and fails. The memory consumption grows up to 3.6 GB and then an error message appear ("Cannot connect to selected server"). Is it really necessary that DIAdem tries to load all the data. I am not interested in all numbers - I just want to select few channels.

Is there a way to tell DIAdem not to load all available ATFX data? So that I could select one or two channels?

Thank you for your response,

Peter

Message Edited by PeterMtu on 05-12-2009 08:10 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,530 Views)

Hi Peter,

you have several possibilities in DIAdem to handle large data.

1. Do not load but only register data. Do a right click on the file and select the second entry from the context menu

(Don't know what it's called in English because I'm working with a German copy of DIAdem)

The data will only be referenced and your data portal will show grey items. You can perform calculations etc and if

you want to finally save the modified data then you can expand channels groups or the whole file in the data portal with

a right click.

2. Load reduced amount of data. Choose the second item in the context menu after right-clicking a file in your navigator's browser.

You can then choose to load every 100th data point only for example.

3. Expand the file in the browser with the small + signs and only choose the channels or groups you want to load

and drag and drop them to your data portal.

Hope this is what you were asking for.

Best regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,503 Views)

Hi David,

thank you for your response. Unfortunately it seems that it is not possible to register ATFX data. At leased the second entry that you have mentioned is disabled for ATFX files but enabled for TDM files. So probably I would have to write a TDM description file for the bulk data.

Regards and Danke,

Peter (from Munich)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,492 Views)