LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select all (ctrl+a) doesn't work in Labview controls

Hi,

Does the standard select all (ctrl+a) keyboard shortcut does not work in NI Labview software or any Labview application? Or am I just being a dummy...

I can understand if you are in FP/BD edit mode you want select all (ctrl+a) to select all the controls not the content of the control; but in run mode it should select the contents of the active control or indicator.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,802 Views)

@abeaver wrote:

Hi,

Does the standard select all (ctrl+a) keyboard shortcut does not work in NI Labview software or any Labview application? Or am I just being a dummy...

I can understand if you are in FP/BD edit mode you want select all (ctrl+a) to select all the controls not the content of the control; but in run mode it should select the contents of the active control or indicator.

Thanks!

If you do a search, you'll find some animated discussions on the topic.  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,784 Views)

Really? I couldn't find any topics about this before posting....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,749 Views)

@abeaver wrote:

Really? I couldn't find any topics about this before posting....

Sorry, I lumped copy and paste in with select all since they are related functions.  LabVIEW is inconsistent with their implementation of the Windows shortuct keys.  That's agreed upon.  What causes spirited debate is whether or not they should change it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,744 Views)

LabVIEW started on the Mac and used many of the Mac shortcuts. When Windows came along, Microsoft used many of the same shortcuts as Apple, but there were some differences. That may be part of the reasone for some of the discrepancies.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,736 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

LabVIEW started on the Mac and used many of the Mac shortcuts. When Windows came along, Microsoft used many of the same shortcuts as Apple, but there were some differences. That may be part of the reasone for some of the discrepancies.

Lynn

Hmmm, that's probably the whole reason.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,718 Views)