LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select Version of Application Builder

I have LabVIEW 2009, 2012 SP1 f4, and 2013 installed on the development machine. I need to create an executable for a Windows 2000 computer (OS cannot be changed). The program was originally developed on 2012 SP1, and then continued on 2013. However, LV 2009 (& SP1) was the last version to support Windows 2000, so I thought that if I save it for LV 2009 (9.0), and create the .lvproj in LV 2009, the .exe and installer would be able to work on the Windows 2000 computer.

So, I did exactly that. Then, I created three builds: .exe, application-only installer, and full installer (runtime, VISA, MAX, etc. (but not all the extras)). Even the application-only installer said "this installer requires Windows XP SP3 or higher". I did not expect the full installer to work because NI MAX (for example) is only the newer version (5.5) with LV 2013, but assumed that the application installer would be able to at least install it.

Is there a way to select which version of application builder you want to use? I have activated the 2009 Application Builder.

If there isn't, I can download the files that I need and install them separately, but a complete installer would be much better in my situation.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,301 Views)

There is one app builder it supports all installed LabVIEW Versions.  To downrev to the 2009 app builder you must uninstall the app builder and re-install from LabVIEW 2009 media.  You will lose support for later versions of LabVIEW untill you re-install from latest media.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,295 Views)

Also look the last page of the installer specification ("Advanced"). Is there anything checked under "system requirements" that should not be checked?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,283 Views)

I would reload labview 2009 under a virtual machine and create a generic installer just to get everything loaded onto the target machine. I created a couple of generic installers to load the systems. I have a 2009 version and a 2011 version. Then I build the application and can pass the program to the target machine without installing it. This way you can still build a 2009 application and have it work even without the virtual machine, as long as you don't include drivers in your install. Works well for me and my many different systems.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,282 Views)