LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select Analog Input channels

Hi forum,

i  am looking for a task where i could initalisize my analog input channels. I am using a Ni9220 with 16 analog input channels for power lines L1, L2, L3, N but it could be also possible to just have L1 and N so i would like to set my application so it detect what case i want to record automatically. 

Right now i use a case structure for the different cases and i have to select manual what i am using (1xVoltage+1Current line or 3xVoltage and 3 Current lines), depending on which wiring is selected it uses just this analog input channels see attachment for (1U and 1I). 

Would be nice if someone has a idea.

Thanks a lot

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,604 Views)

How do you suggest detecting which mode you want to be in?  I'd still recommend keeping the case structure and enum, but it sounds like you want it to pick which mode it is in, and to do that we would need to know more about the system.  Can you setup a task to read all the channels, and if the L2 and L3 are 0 then assume you are only using L1 and N?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,544 Views)

Hello Matrin, 

I'm Dominik and attateched i send an example which can help you. You can also find this example in LabVIEW under Help -> Find Example. 

I hope i could help you. If not you can post in this forum and i will try to help you as far as i could. 

Have a nice day. 

Best regards

Dominik 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,538 Views)

Hi,

thanks for your reply and help. I am using a state machine for the acuisition. There are four states 1. Start (Default getting info system starts up) 2. not connected no cable plugt in, 3. connected but still sees no voltage, 4daq( trigger for all lines, rms callculation, thd, callculation), 5, generation report, 6 stop.

So i will need to detect if there is a voltage in state 4 before the daq, so i was thinking to use a squence that only run once a certain time ( first call function) and defines the lines whith voltage. Its callculating the rms over the 3 voltage lines and if it reaches a defined value for example 5rms, with this information turn on or off trigger or other callculations.

Would be great if you could help

THanks

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,520 Views)

Hi Martin, 

So if i understand you want to build a state machine 6 states. Attachted i send you a good example how to realize it best. 

I hope it helps you. If you have any specific questions, let me know. 

Best regards, 

Dominik 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,452 Views)