From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security disabled controls in local VI are enabled in remote Panel

Hi.

I've a VI wich implements secutity at some controls, disabling them for some users. It works ok even in the executable.

Security

But  when I open the Web page, created with the Web publishing tool, the user can access to all controls even when they're disabled in the VI.

Untitled2.png

Is it a bug? I build the web page in the computer with the domain manager.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,896 Views)

I don't think it is a bug.

I don't think DSC security is supposed to translate to web panels.  When you are using a web panel, how is it supposed to know which user you are?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,873 Views)

But in the VI the controls are disabled and grayed, they really are. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,840 Views)

Hey EinSoldiatGott,

When you say "But in the VI the controls are disabled and grayed, they really are." What are you trying to point out? (e.g. that when not in the web the VI controls are grey, When I look at them in the web interface they are grey, etc.) In general can you elaborate on your reply?

JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,792 Views)

Hi, I mean, in my front panel, in the computer running the executable, the executable has the controls disabled.

But in the remote front panel they're enabled, so if somebody is manipulating the remote front panel, they can interact with the controls. Like in my picture

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,620 Views)