LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for files from library

We have developed an LVOOP framework and share this framework with multiple developers. This has been made in LV2012. 

In the old situation we compiled all the files with VIPM 2013, share it and all is installed in the vi.lib directory. When loading a project that is using these files, everything goes fine.

In the current situation we decided to go for a library as this enables us to let others evaluate or buy the library. We put everything in a .lvlib and compiled it with VIPM 2013. Once all the projects depending on this new library have been linked, on that developers computer it all goes fine. However, when a second developer opens that project and has perhaps installed LabVIEW on another hard drive, it has to search everytime for the files from that library. Even so when that second developer commits and the first developers opens it, it searches again for those files. Somehow this wasn't the case when we didn't use the library. 

Has someone some trick on how to circumvent this manually searching for the files?

For example, here it finds the old location and the new one. Suggests which to use and although I select the new location: 

loading1.png

It still searches and I have to manually select the correct one. Every time.

loading2.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,154 Views)

Hi Harlequinade,

I had faced this trouble in one of the projects I worked on. The first pop up image which you have attached comes when one or few of the vis in the library are still linked to the files from 'D' directory but the files are actually not present there. To fix this, what I did was, first I opened the project and checked all the dependecies listed in the project. There were few vis which were showing the yellow triangle (warning symbol) which when trying to open popped up the same select vi pop up. I selected the correct vis. Then saved all the vis in the library and did a mass compilation of the project folder. This fixed the issue for me. 

I'm not still sure if it will fix your issue but it's something which you can try if you haven't done that already.. Removing the cross linkages is always a pain.. 😞

regards,
Nitz

(Give Kudos To Good Answers, Mark it as a Solution If your Problem was Solved :smileywink:)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,102 Views)