LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search for Conditional Disable Symbols

Solved!
Go to solution

Is it possible to search for all uses of Conditional Disable Symbols in a large project?

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,587 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Joel

Ctrl+f

search.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 2 of 7
(3,585 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Joel

Yup search.  I'd like to add a fun fact.  If you select an object on the block diagram, then press CTRL + F it will be the item to be searched for.  So you just need to select any conditional disable diagrams structure, then press CTLR + F to find them all.

Message 3 of 7
(3,580 Views)

Thanks for both solutions

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,563 Views)

Note that the Find dialog requires all the VIs in your project to be in memory. If you want to search a folder of VIs for calls to the Conditional Disable Structure, without requiring all the VIs to be in memory first, you can use the Find Function test, available as a community download from the VI Analyzer Enthusiasts community on ni.com. That page also includes instructions on how to install and run a custom VI Analyzer test. Note that using community tests does *not* require the VI Analyzer Toolkit to be installed.

If you end up going this route, just specify a function name of "Conditional Disable Structure" and you're all set.

Message 5 of 7
(3,554 Views)

...Note that using community tests does *not* require the VI Analyzer Toolkit to be installed....

Never realiized that.  Cool.  I'll have to take another look at the test list.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,538 Views)

If you are looking for a particular symbol, you can try to search for the text (sub)string of the subdiagram like : "MyCustomSymbol==TRUE".  I found this helpful looking for where a specific custom symbol was getting used.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,191 Views)