From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scroll string and boolean together on front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

I feel like this should be very simple, and I did a lot of searching and could not find an answer

In my program, I am retrieving channels and seeing if they are active or not. If they are active there is a boolean that lights up.

What I would like to do is display them together with one common scroll bar to quickly view and change them.

The only fix I have to this problem is to painstakingly match the front panel string size to the boolean size and then tell the front panel that if one side is scrolled then the other on should do the same (with a short delay). Getting the boolean and string to match up perfectly is very tedious.

Is there an easier way to do this?

-MK

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(4,014 Views)

Array of cluster?:

exp.png

Reg
Message 2 of 20
(3,999 Views)

Yes!

I can not figure out how to do that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(3,990 Views)

@MK17 wrote:

Yes!

I can not figure out how to do that.

1. create a cluster with string and boolean

2. place cluster into an array

Message 4 of 20
(3,983 Views)

Hi,

I record this video for u, I hope it is helpful for u.

http://youtu.be/bUA_vpBeg68

Patrick

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(3,979 Views)

Patrick0418 wrote:

Your video has nothing to do with the question. It does not show how to create an array of clusters as requested.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(3,973 Views)

@Patrick0418 wrote:

u = ewe - a female sheep ?

or something else ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(3,967 Views)

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in dealing with the problem.

check this.

http://youtu.be/YmUs5-BYTcU

I hope this is helpful for you.

Patrick

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 8 of 20
(3,931 Views)

Thank you everyone, I wasn't thinking correctly yesterday 🙂

My problem rooted from the fact that I had 2 arrays from a cluster that I was trying to merge into an array of clusters the wrong way. I didn't realize that I would have to "unpack" the 2 arrays into scalers and then place them into the correctly formatted cluster (that r3G pointed out and Patrick0418 illustrated) in order to make and array of the cluster.

I have added a small .VI with the corresponding .CTL. Maybe it will be helpful to someone else in the future.

Snap4.jpg

-MK

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(3,915 Views)

@MK17 wrote:

I have added a small .VI with the corresponding .CTL. Maybe it will be helpful to someone else in the future.

Your code seems way too complicated. Autoindexing would give you the same result.

Download All
Message 10 of 20
(3,905 Views)