LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting optimization

Hi!

I'm working on a project which analyzes projects in VI (when done it'll be available on VIPM). The attached picture show my problematic node.

Scripting.PNG

As can be glanced there's two loops, both parallellized and the other functions are reentrant (and not very advanced), but when running the program I only get 1 working core/thread, most probably due to the Library node not being parallellizable. 

The time is from test with lots of Tick counters, it was in the 700-1900ms range for that node, the other were a couple of ms.

Any ideas how i can speed things up?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,410 Views)

It doesn't seem i can around it as i hoped, but i'll cache the Library name in a queue for faster future lookups, that should help.

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,381 Views)

Maybe cache the library path on disk.  Does the Library Open method perform any faster?  Not sure why it takes so long.  Maybe you could also look into not closing these libraries until the end all at once.  Maybe there is some kind of deep hierarchy getting loaded and closed causing the long delay.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,376 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Maybe cache the library path on disk.  Does the Library Open method perform any faster?  Not sure why it takes so long.  Maybe you could also look into not closing these libraries until the end all at once.  Maybe there is some kind of deep hierarchy getting loaded and closed causing the long delay.

That's what i did, i took the VI path and used it as queue name and stored the Library name. It helps, but there are many new lookups ...

With the caching it should only be opened once, so waiting to close won't help much right now.

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,359 Views)