LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting Create Comment That Looks Normal

Solved!
Go to solution

So I have a need to create some block diagram comments with scripting.  Using the New VI Object and a style of Label (modern) or Label (system) create my comment but neither look like the comment that I made just by double clicking the BD and start typing.  Even after setting the BGColor through a property node I see the system has no block border, and the modern has a 3D looking with a larger bezel on the bottom and right.  But none look like a normal comment with a black border around it.  Is there a hidden classic style for a block diagram comment?  Am I being to picky and should just use the modern cause its close enough?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,708 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hooovahh

Crap figured it out.  I wrote a VI that would make all objects it could and cast it to a text object.  It found Style IDs of 2321, 21960, 21961.  The 2321 is the style I want and it is a "Free Label" style.

Message 2 of 4
(2,695 Views)

Why not mark your "Solution" as the "Solution"?  Yes, you are giving yourself (well-deserved) credit, but (as you should well know) you are flagging this question for the next poor schmo who lacks your cleverness that this is a Solved Problem ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,643 Views)

Sure thing Bob, I hope it was clear my apprehension came from the fact that I didn't want this to look like I intentionally posted a question I knew the answer to to get more community reputation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,565 Views)