LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting - Case Structure

Hi,

Again I have some difficulties.

I can't find a way how to connect terminals from Case structure with the inputs of Array Index node as shown in Case structure - False case. Without inserting any element in the case.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Evita

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,404 Views)

Hi,

Again I have some difficulties.

I can't find a way how to connect terminals from Case structure with the inputs of Array Index node as shown in Case structure - False case.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Evita

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,364 Views)

I know you said "Without inserting any element in the case", but, could you put something in the case temporarily and then remove it once you've got the wires in place?

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,362 Views)

That is how I do my workaround, bet that is not "normal" solution since it is possible to connect these nodes by hand.

I am surprised that NI still haven't found solution for these minor-important things.

Evita

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,355 Views)

I'm afraid I don't understand your question, and the image just doesn't help.

What are you really trying to do?  Can you manually sketch into that picture what you think you want the connections to look like?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,354 Views)

I will try once more.

I want it to be as shown in Case Structure TRUE case, but all I can do is as shown in the FALSE case.

Evita

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,351 Views)

Every case must have something in it to tell what data to send out of the tunnel in the event that case executes.  Right now, the VI is broken in that latest image because you have the "open" tunnel showing there are cases with out values.  You can wire something across like you've done.  You can drop a constant in there.  You can go and right click on the tunnel and pick Create Constant or Create Control.

You can also right click on the tunnel and select Use Default Value for Unwired Cases which will partially fill in that open tunnel.  It will tell you have you have some unwired cases, but the default value of the datatype will be sent out if those cases execute.  I don't often recommend using that because that tunnel choice often gets people in trouble when they have a VI that can now execute, but they really should have wired something in there or across such as a VISA or file reference.

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,347 Views)

I see where you got it wrong.

I am talking about scripting. I want to generate what is shown in picture of my previous post.

Evita

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,345 Views)

Your subject says scripting, but nothing about your VI demonstrated that.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,340 Views)

I want to have generated what I demonstrated before.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,337 Views)