LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshot

I need to save a screenshot containing a grapgh and other data indiactors (as shown in the attached figure). Please advise the ioptions available in version 2012 or lower. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,786 Views)

Are you looking for a screenshot of a LabVIEW front panel?

This looks more like the screenshot of an instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,772 Views)

BlackAndWhitePicture.png

An Image Depth of 1 will return a black and white picture.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,751 Views)

Hi,

Yes it's the part of the front pannel. Graph and all the data are captured from a spectrum anlyzer separately. I can save the graph only, but need to include those data too in the image.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,735 Views)

How do I choose a part of the front pannel (Do'nt need to include some control buttons of the front pannel)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,728 Views)

You could put the controls that you want into a tab control. I've attached an example of this.

An alternative method is to resize the VI such that only the data you want is visible . The constant of Visible Area Only would then need to be set to True. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,716 Views)

Also look at the Code Capture Tool.  It is often used on the forums for capturing and posting screenshots (with embedded code).  But it provides a palette that allows you to programmatically take screen captures.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,705 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Also look at the Code Capture Tool.  It is often used on the forums for capturing and posting screenshots (with embedded code).  But it provides a palette that allows you to programmatically take screen captures.

You forgot the link you usually provide.  Unfortunately, I forgot what it was, also.  And there are two community nuggets, one for v1 and one for v2.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,672 Views)

You're right.  I just didn't have the time to go dig up the link.  Over the years, how to get to it has changed as new versions came out.  I googled it and found it here.

http://lavag.org/files/file/63-code-capture-tool/

But I think if you download and install VIPM, it will also show up in the list of add-ons you can install.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,648 Views)

Thanks NLutz,

That's almost done. Only one problem remaining. In B&W image, Tab FG is black and no labels are visible [I need it in B&W]. Could you please advise how to solve this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,616 Views)