From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Events at a predetermined rate

Hello,

What is the best way in lab view to schedule a event (writing to a com port or GPIB) at a predetermined interval? I need to write to my hardware at least once a second to keep it alive. Any ideas?

Thanks
Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,028 Views)

That depends on the structure of your code. If you have a dedicated loop for communication, then you can simply place a wait of less than one second inside the loop. If you're using an event structure, you could use the timeout case (but note that the timeout event will not fire if other events are fired) or you could use dynamic events. Basically, we will need to see your code to give a real answer.

To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here, here, here, here and here are a few you can start with and here are some tutorial videos. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses.
In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide and the LabVIEW user manual (Help>>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf).

(2,024 Views)