LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale Graph scrollbar with pane

Why is it that the X Scrollbar of a graph doesn't scale properly when the graph scales to pane?  Is there a way to snap the graph palette, legend, and scrollbar extents to something so they don't get out of position when the window size is changed?

For example, I'd like to snap the left edge of the x-scrollbar to the graph palette right edge and the right edge of the scrollbar to the graph right edge.  Like this...

graph.png

And have it stay there regardless of the graph size...

Thanks,

XL600

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,911 Views)

It is simply not implemented the way you want.

Is this a problem at edit time (just fix it manually!) or do you have the graph set to scale with the pane (not recommended anyway!)?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,878 Views)

I'd like the graph to scale with the pane since my user can open up multiple graph instances with differing data.  Perhaps there's a better approach to scaling the graph window?  The scale with pane function has always driven me a but nuts.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,867 Views)

The only time I ever scale a graph with the pane is if all decorations (Scrollbars, graph palette, legend, etc.) are hidden and the graph fills the entire pane.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,863 Views)

It's a shame the graph VIs aren't more capable in this respect (Or scale to pane isn't generally more capable).

Thanks for the input!

XL600

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,861 Views)

LabVIEW is over 30 years old and raster based and e.g. font scaling is horrendous when scaling to a pane (see also). I learned long ago stay far away from any automatic scaling. Too frustrating.

Getting all this right is very difficult. For web design, the buzzword is "responsive", but even there, with orders of magnitude more manpower working on it, it is still often not satisfactory.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,854 Views)