From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scalar chart updates vi analyzer error

I have some numeric dbl data wired to a bundle into cluster and then pass that on to a waveform chart so that I can stack the plots and see each data stream on an independent graph. The vi analyzer is telling me to consider grouping the data into an array to improve performance but if I use build array instead of bundle i lose the stack plots option. What is it I am missing here?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,245 Views)

So I also had an issue with it. Group the points to an array, build an array again so it is now 2D. When i selected stack plots it did not work. But when you expand the legend it shows all of them stacked correctly.

And here is a document about it:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/21E8163F259DA2058625703B007511AA 

Message 2 of 4
(2,232 Views)

oh right the double array setup.

Did you notice that this increased performance at all?

also your link doesnt work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,230 Views)

The VIA test is simply warning you that you are possibly wasting a lot of unnecessary CPU time (and The UI Thread) updating the graph or chart with every value.  Scalar updates are perfectly acceptable IF the update rate is slower that the human eyeball.  Update rates faster than 20 times per second cannot be observed. Period!  So, instead of grabing data pt by pt collect it in chunks and update the chart with 50mSec or so worth of data at a time.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,221 Views)