From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving data in axcel file

Ok...

I'll save all my character strings in a 1D array and connect it to the "write to spreadsheet" outside the loop in order to save the header and within hte loop to save the numerival values of the DAQ...

In order to write to a new excel sheet for each simulation, how can I do it? (keep the same file but create a new excel sheet)?

Thank a lot

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(314 Views)

ActiveX, see this forum thread here.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(311 Views)

@roy_daou wrote:

In order to write to a new excel sheet for each simulation, how can I do it? (keep the same file but create a new excel sheet)?

Thank a lot

You never said that you had to write to an actual Excel workbook. The Write to Spreadsheet File only generates delimited text files. If you have to create workbooks then you need to buy the Report Generation Toolkit, or program Excel yourself using the Excel Object Model via ActiveX. There is an example that ships with LabVIEW that shows you how to write a table to Excel. There have been plenty of examples posted in this forum on Excel. There is also an Excel thread, which contains links to many examples. That thread also contains a user-written toolkit. NOTE: DO NOT POST QUESTIONS IN THE EXCEL THREAD!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(297 Views)