LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving array data from a waveform chart

I am using a CRIO 9004 and a 9237 bridge module to measure some strains from strain gauges. I've got one timed loop that reads the DMA FIFO and puts the arrays of values (16 data points, 4 per channel) into a queue. In the consumer timed  loop a For loop scales the binary data, auto indexes it into arrays, then the arrays are merged into a 2D array for the four channels  displayed on a waveform chart . Everytime the consumer loop runs it indexes 4 data points (per channel) yet the waveform chart plots them in a consecutive manner and doesn't overwrite the previous four. If I convert the arrays to waveform arrays I don't see anything on the waveform chart.

If I pass the 2D array of data to a array indicator inside or outside the consumer loop I get only 16 data points. I want to save the information that appears on the waveform chart  after the consumer loop but because I'm not using waveform data type I can't use the write waveforms to file vi. The waveform chart history buffer has been set to 195360.

Idealy we will run the four channels for 120 seconds charting the data and saving the data. The minimum data rate is 1613kS/s (403 per channel) The data can be saved after the loops have finished gathering and processing or while they are running. I noticed when I tried to write to TDMS it slowed the consumer down. Same thing if I use a shift register with the volume of data.

I suspect I'm not sending data to the chart in the correct manner ( usualy takes two attempts to "clear chart" using shortcut menu).  I'm not too familiar with timed loops /producer consumer loops  and just tried to put something together based on examples.

I've attached my host vi and front panel screenshot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,538 Views)
Hope they appear attached this time.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,533 Views)