From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving an express VI...folder permissions?

Hi,

I have a problem changing express VIs. I'm on a computer without administrative right and every time I change something in the express VI (Vision Assistant) script and click "finish", the code generations hangs indefinitely. Once I caught glimpse of a message that mentioned some missing folder permissions.

What/where does LabVIEW want to write when saving express VIs and can I change the location to one I have full rights to?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,527 Views)

When you save a VI that contains an Express VI, the Express VI is also saved inside the VI. When you open the VI, the Express VIs within it load from the same file as the VI and not from the Express source VI file. So, there may be some weird permissions associated with the VI you have the Express VI in.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,455 Views)