From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving a VI under a different name without messing up DAQ

Hello.

I have a VI that I created which utilizes a few DAQ assistans. I need to make a slightly alternate version of this for calibration purposes, however I ran into an issue before when I tried saving the VI under a different name and making alterations. The DAQ assistants no longer worked, and I saw on the NI website that this is a common error.

Does anyone know a way to get around this so I can use mostly the same block diagram except with a few alterations without messing up the DAQ assistants?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,687 Views)

If a 'save as' doesn't work, I can only assume it's a bug in the DAQ assistant which isn't transferring the properties correctly. If you copy+paste the VI on disk and then rename it, does that work?

The other option, of course, is to remove the DAQ assistants and replace them with the code/VIs etc. that perform the DAQ task - I think there's an option to do this from the DAQ assistant. I'd generally suggest this as a good idea, in any case.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,670 Views)

@alexmer wrote:

Hello.

I have a VI that I created which utilizes a few DAQ assistans. I need to make a slightly alternate version of this for calibration purposes, however I ran into an issue before when I tried saving the VI under a different name and making alterations. The DAQ assistants no longer worked, and I saw on the NI website that this is a common error.

Does anyone know a way to get around this so I can use mostly the same block diagram except with a few alterations without messing up the DAQ assistants?

If it "doesn't work", what it is doing?  You said in your searches, it is a common error.  Do you get an error code?

Just saving a VI under a new name is not going to give you any problems.  If you are having problems, then it is another cause.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,651 Views)